Saturday, October 1, 2016

Family Dynamics

Hello Everyone! This week in Family Relations we focused on understanding family dynamics. I've always loved watching people interact with their families. I've also always found it interesting how every single family is different. Something that is not okay in my house is totally acceptable in others and visa versa. For example, in my family we don't watch PG-13 movies, but that is totally okay in other households. My parents just made the choice that they wouldn't watch those movies and then they let us decide for ourselves. I didn't realize until this week that when two families merge by marriage then these family rules and dynamics also merge and sometimes clash. I've never thought about that until this week's class.

I'm really excited for the day that I get to merge my family with my future eternal companion's family! I'm making myself a promise that whatever the struggle be when it comes to different rules I'm not going to get mad. We are going to talk about things.

I hope everyone has a great week. Thanks for being great people!

With love: Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment