Friday, November 25, 2016

Education

Hello Everyone! I really enjoyed our lesson this week in Family Relations. We talked about the statement some people make that women who chose to become stay at home mothers are wasting their degrees. I disagree with this statement 100%. The major I have chosen is Marriage and Family Studies and I absolutely love it. I chose this major not in the hope of gaining a ton of money, but to benefit my future marriage and family. Julie B Beck have a great quote during one of her talks. She said, "Education about the family is the most important schooling you can get." Even if you aren't specifically studying the family I would encourage you to take some classes about the family. Family is the only thing we get to take with us to the other side, I want to work as hard as I can to create a strong and healthy family while I'm here on earth.

I know that my approach on education is different than a lot of other people, but I think that anyone who chooses to gain a higher education, no matter what your degree is, can be greatly benefited. By gaining a higher education you can also gain people skills, learn how to work well in groups, become disciplined, learn how to work hard, learn how to problem solve, and so many other great blessings. These are all things that can make life at home easier. Home and families are greatly benefited when both the mother and the father obtain a higher education, whether or not you are using your degree in your everyday life.

I hope everyone has a great week. Happy Thanksgiving!

With love: Sydney



No comments:

Post a Comment